7.16.2005

I don't blame him

If you're in Atlanta, you heard about the horde of teenagers causing a truck driver to flip his truck with fireworks and huge rocks on the 4th of July. They then proceeded to pull him out of the truck through the busted windshield, steal his wallet, taunt, and hit him as he lay there bleeding. One person in the group tried to comfort him:

A young woman came to him and told him to calm down . . . telling him that Jesus would protect him.

"I didn't want to hear that. I wanted to get out of there."

Damn straight. Where was Jesus when those assholes decided it was a good idea to throw football-sized rocks at a truck carrying deisel fuel? I don't get how stuff like this happens!

In other news, how the hell is Karl Rove dodging this bullet? I guess if you repeat the same lies over and over again, they'll eventually stick. I guess the other side will have to keep repeating the truth until we get some results from this investigation.